Promotional Code: birthday12
Expiration date: March 31, 2012
Thor Party Decorations and Activities
Thor has been a popular Marvel superhero since the 1950s because of his heroic strength, agility and ability to summon lightning. He was born on planet Asgard. Thor was sent to Earth by his father Odin. Thor’s memories of his home planet were erased until one day he found a magical hammer from his planet named “Mjolnir.”
However, only a true hero could wield the hammer. So with the hammer, Thor rediscovered his powers. With the aid of Mjolnir and his Belt of Strength, Thor keeps Earth and Asgard safe from villains.
Here are some ideas for everyone who is going to have a Thor Birthday Party:
You can purchase personalized invitations or make one of your own.
- It’s a brilliant idea to send your guests an invitation that’s also an action-packed toy. You should write your party details with a permanent marker on a new deflated inflatable hammer or a punch balloon. Then mail in a padded envelope. Inflate the hammer for writing and deflate again when sending. Your guests will have to blow up the hammer or balloon to read the party announcement.
- Why not to include a Thor comic book with your invitation? This will acquaint your guests with your party theme and get them excited to celebrate.
- Don’t forget to ask your guests to come to the party dressed as their favorite Marvel superhero. For instance, they can dress as Spider-man, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, Thing, Human Torch, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Storm, Nick Fury or Wolverine.
Decorate your party room to look like Thor’s home planet, Asgard.
- Make Thor hammers in advance. Give one to each guest as they arrive to color and assemble.
- It’s a good idea to make comic book placemats. Find old, yet affordable comic books and carefully remove the pages. Laminate two pages side-by-side to create one placemat. Arrange the placemats on your party table and then guests can take them home as favors at the end of the day.
- Cut large yellow lightning bolts out of craft paper and tack them to the walls. You can also make thin lightning bolts with yellow streamers by taping them to the wall in a zigzag pattern.
- Affix glow in the dark stars to the ceiling and then dim the lights.
- Make red capes using our instructions and place one on the back of each chair. Your guests can wear them at the party and take them home as favors.
- Use poster board and markers/crayons to make hammers, lightning bolts and/or helmets to decorate the walls with. You can also search google images for picture of the Thor movie to print and place on your walls.
- Streamers in red, blue or yellow are perfect for decorating the room from corner to corner. They also make great room fillers. You can pull from corner to middle of room and hang balloons from the center.
Thor Party Food Ideas
- Tower of Power: Make hamburger sliders and stack them vertically on wooden skewers.
- Lightning Rods: Serve foot long hotdogs in buns and draw lightning with mustard on each one.
- Thor’s Cheese Hammer: Place a large rectangular block of cheese on a platter. Insert a wooden dowel on the side of the cheese so that it resembles a handle. Arrange the crackers in the shape of lightning on the side of the platter. Let your guests see the cheese hammer before slicing it!
- Golden Apples: Thor needs to eat golden apples from his planet to rejuvenate his powers. Therefore, you can serve golden delicious apple slices with peanut butter and honey for dipping.
Thor Party Favor Ideas
- Fun-shaped candy and
- Red superhero
- Thor notepads and pencils
- Thor wristbands
- Thor stickers and temporary tattoos
Thor Party Activities
It’s a brilliant idea to create your own pin the tail game. You will need poster board, markers or crayons. Draw Thor’s helmet on the poster board and then an outline of the weapon. Use another poster board to make a weapon. You should use a blindfold for each child, turn them around 3 times and let them try to pin a picture of Thors weapon that you made, on the outline you drew.
- Dress as Thor. Purchase helmets and hammers for the kids, this makes great fun for all.
- Make a fun Thor Birthday Party with a super hero theme. Let guests dress as their favorite super hero and have a super time.
- Movies are always fun, get a superhero movie to play.
Similiar Party Themes
|Batman Birthday Party for Kids|
If you wish to hold an unforgetable kids birthday party, then you’d better hold Batman birthday party. Here are some tips that will help you. Batman Party Decorations Cake for Batman Party You’ll need to decorate the room. Get the set of 3 hanging danglers that would look great over the party table, or over the gift table. Hang
|Little Buccaneer Party for Little Kids|
If you are going to hold a Little Buccaneer Party, here are some ideas for you. Little Buccaneer theme is a popular pirate party for toddlers and little kids. It’s not a problem to purchase invitations for Little Buccaneer Party in the local shop.
|Monster Jam Party Ideas|
You should make some invitations in the shape of a monster truck. A great idea is to print out blank “tickets” or simply a folded piece of paper with a picture of your child’s favorite Monster truck on it, and attach one or more of the following sayings along with the party information
|Hello Kitty Birthday Party|
Hello Kitty Party can be a great choice for a kids birthday party. Hello Kitty Party Supplies Hello Kitty Party Supplies You should decorate your party room in pink and white streamers and balloons. Add Hello Kitty pictures, theme plates and a table centerpiece to dress up your party room. Hello Kitty Party Games Pin the Bow on Kitty :
|Pokemon Birthday Party|
Pokemon-themed party will be the best choice for kids of 7 to 12 years old. No doubt that a Pokemon themed birthday will be one to remember. Pokemon Birthday Party Games The Name on the Back Game Pokemon Birthday Party You should write the name of various Pokemon characters (Ash, Pikachu, Chimchar, Piplup, Turtwig) on a sheet of sticky