Promotional Code: birthday12
Expiration date: March 31, 2012
Cinco De Mayo Party Ideas
Cinco de Mayo is usually a moment when families, friends and neighbors gather to celebrate Mexico or wherever the culture of Mexico is remembered.
The festival, even though it is popular to believe that Cinco de Mayo is an observance of Mexican independance, usually celebrates an obscure victory of four thousands ill-equipped Mexicans eight thousands armed to teeth French invaders in 1862. This battle is known as The Battle of Puebla, La Batalla de Puebla, and it took place on May the 5th.
Nowadays, even though everything is forgiven, the festival still lives with fiestas, which are planned in Mexico and in large amount of communities around the world where Mexicans habitate.
Preparing a Cinco de Mayo Party
If you decided to hold your own Cinco de Mayo party, you should begin with decorating your house or a place, where you plan the party to get going, with plenty of traditional tissue paper flowers. These flowers are best decorated with the colors of the flag of Mexico, which are red, white and green. Some Mexican music, such as folk music, salsa, or mariachi, will be useful in setting a mood either in order to have a fiesta.
An important point to consider is the invitation ideas. You can invite all your guests to the party with catchy headlines on a cover page greeting, playing with words such as:
- Margaritas, Fajitas,
- Siesta, Fiesta,
Be sure to put the location, date, phone, time, RSVP date, costume suggestions or dress code inside the.
Another idea for the invitations are the diesta maracas invites, which are truly an unforgettable way to invite people to your Cinco de mayo party. They are the mailable maracas, which come with ribbons, invitations, labels, noise making beads and confetti.
As for the matter of food in you Cinco de Mayo party, it can be the following: Corn chips with salsa & queso,
- Mexican wines,
- Tia Maria,
- obviously, lots of tequila.
There a lot of party favor ideas for these types of parties. You can send guests home satisfied with present bags, which are filled with toy maracas, small clay pots with candy “Red Hots”, mini cactus plants, bouquets of red, green and white carnations or other things, which can combine the colors of the Mexican flag.
Things to Remember While Preparing Cinco de Mayo Party
- There’s no Cinco de Mayo party, which would be complete without a chili pepper wreath hanging on the door. It can be found at the world food market or local import store. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can make one yourself.
- A great beginning to your party can be made by personalized fiesta invitation. If you have time and want to, you can even roll it up and tie with a Mexican flag bandana or a fiesta bandana.
- If you are on a strict budget, ther’re some fun scene setters, which are easy to use and inexpensive. There’s a fiesta big sky scene, fiesta desert flowers, mariachi band, etc. make Fabulous wall can be made from colorful handmade blankets from Mexico, as well as of large sombreros.
- In order to decorate a room even more, you can hang strings of margarita lights all over the place of party. They’re truly great around doorways, for the buffet and the bar.
There is also a large anount of Cinco de Mayo traditions, which can be used in the party and are similar to a Fiesta:
- You can plan a parade, where the women wear skirts and flowery hats to represent the soldaderos who waited for the men and the men dress as French or Mexican soldiers. At midday a battle (pretend, of course) commences and the festivities go way into the night with fireworks to finish it off.
- For dancing you can choose Ballet Folklorico, which is Mexican dancing to Mexican inspired music, for example, a traditional Mariachi group.
- Guests can wear sombreros, which are traditional Mexican hats made of felt or straw.
- You can use a traditional Mexican way of filling colorful pinata shapes full of treats and candies.
Similiar Party Themes
|Themes for Kid Birthday Parties|
With the help of internet modern parents can find an amount of themes for the birthday party of their beloved child. And it is quite easy to get lost while choosing the theme. In order to help you we’ve prepaired the list of the most popular birthday party themes.
|Planning Peter Rabbit Party|
Peter Rabbit party theme is suited for any Peter Rabbit lover whether it’s a child or an adult who is celebrating their Birthday. Peter Rabbit themed dessert plate is quite adorable and napkin set is perfect for serving cupcakes or birthday cake at the Easter celebration or the next party.
|Ideas for Einstein Kids Party|
If you are looking for a birthday party theme, consider Baby Einstein birthday party theme. Baby Einstein Party Supplies Einstein Birthday Party Your kids love bright colors and the pattern of Baby Einstein is full of these. You’ll need to cut out basic shapes in bright primary colors and put them on the floor, walls and tabletops. Baby Einstein
|Ballerina Birthday Party|
If your daughter is fond of dolls, ballet and fairy wands, a Ballerina birthday party is a great idea for her birthday party. Invitations for Ballerina Birthday Party You can purchase a dozen of invitations or you can simply make them yourself. For each invitation, fold an 11×17″ piece of cardstock or construction paper in fourths, accordion-style.
|First Year Birthday Party Supplies|
A 1-st Birthday Party is a very important event for friends and family. The best First Birthday party themes are Madagascar, Hello Kitty Party, Cinderella.